This was our 31st Auction Portfolio for this year, and back to virtual auction presentations due to our Level 4 Lockdown. Following our experience during last year’s lockdown auctions, we had every confidence to proceed with the auctions on a virtual basis knowing that we could maximise every opportunity to achieve a great result not only for our vendor clients but also giving buyers an opportunity to secure a property that will be best suited to their current requirements and not needing more time to secure their future.
Five properties were offered, with two having been sold last week. A further four properties have been transferred to a later auction date.
The portfolio included quality properties from our residential areas of Sunnyhills, Bucklands Beach, Botany Downs, Dannemora and Whitford.
As highlighted in my recent reports, it was so pleasing to see vendors achieving sale results that allowed them to move on to enjoy their current requirements and buyers delighted to have the opportunity to buy quality properties. People taking a positive attitude, not waiting for life to pass them by or waiting to wait.
As also noted in previous weeks reports placing properties “on the market “to sell “under the hammer” was the key factor in vendors being rewarded with further bidding and achieving the pleasing final prices.
Highlights throughout the day:
- 8C Te Akau Crescent, Bucklands Beach offered buyers a sought after cul de sac address and an elevated position which absorbs marine activity views in doors to the living rooms and master bedroom. It sold “under the hammer “at $1,440,000 after a positive start and some 5 further bids.
- 7 Blue Gum Rise, Sunnyhills attracted a number of bidding registrations to a family sized home located in a highly sought-after school zone neighbourhood. Four bedrooms, spacious lounge living with wrap around decking affording urban views, good garaging and a 675m2 section, all so close to Sunnyhills Primary, were just some of the attributes of this home. Very competitive bidding resulted in 15 bids resulting in a sale “under the hammer “at $1,720,000.
- 12 Quibray Place, Botany Downs also attracted a number of bidding registrations to a one level floor plan home that radiated a contemporary presentation, attractive kitchen and bathroom fittings and fixtures plus an appealing flow of indoor living to covered outdoor living. It sold “under the hammer “after protracted competitive bidding, with eventually two bidders competing to win the last bid. After a total of 35 bids, it sold at $1,665,000.
With further negotiations with the highest bidder, an unconditional sale has been finalised for 129 Broomfields Road, Whitford. This property offered buyers a very spacious home with interesting country views, from all its floor plan levels, a self-contained area which will offer utilisation options plus the pool, spa and cabana will ensure appealing outdoor living while the 1.8098ha of land will ensure privacy space with in this gated country neighbourhood.
- 4 Neir Place, Dannemora also attracted further buyer interest from the bidding registrations post auction. A multi offer presentation continues negotiations with the interested parties.
17 August 2021
- 125A Moore Street, Howick was brought forward from its 23 August designated auction date due to an unconditional offer that was presented to our vendors and accepted subject the property being submitted to auction at the earlier auction date. The presentation of this home with a more traditional exterior build was appealing with a 2021 styled interior throughout its generous sized lounge, contemporary kitchen and bathroom and three bedrooms. Its Howick Village neighbourhood address is an increasing buyer attraction. It sold “under the hammer “at $1,455,000.
20 August 2021
- 5 Point View Link, Dannemora was also brought forward from its 23 August designated auction date due to an unconditional offer that was presented to our vendors and accepted subject the property being submitted to auction at the earlier auction date. The floor plan of this home offered family space through its one level floor plan of four bedrooms, separate lounge/ dining and the family lounge that incorporated kitchen. It sold “under the hammer “at $1,760,000.
- 2a Bledisloe Street, Howick was brought forward from its 3 September designated auction date due to an unconditional offer that was presented to our vendors and accepted subject the property being submitted to auction at the earlier auction date. It was not surprising to be at auction at the earlier auction date because this is a smartly presented one level floor plan home that offered, hard to find, easier care in a neighbourhood that accesses so easily all the services of Howick Village. Three bedrooms with living opening out to a private courtyard setting are just part of its appeal. It sold “under the hammer “at $1,395,000.
24 August 2021
- 23 Ballycullanie Place, Dannemora was brought forward from its 30 August designated auction date due to an unconditional offer that was presented to our vendors and accepted subject the property being submitted to auction at the earlier auction date. Brick and tile covers the one level floor plan of this home which provides 4 bedrooms, formal lounge and dining room with the family living incorporating good kitchen spacing and the family lounge opening out to the rear part of the 622m2 section. It sold “under the hammer “at $1,920,000
So, after three weeks of marketing and the interruptions of lockdown, extremely pleasing, positive, competitive bidding, for the properties sold under the hammer. It needs to be acknowledged that the sales provided buyers with an opportunity to buy quality real estate assets knowing that while having to competitively bid/ buy to be the “winner” they were bidding/buying property that was also the first choice for a number of other buyers.
The excellent prices achieved confirmed our ability to maximise price for our vendors, however, to achieve such results, buyer interest, working with our mortgage broker partners, bidding registrations and actual competitive bidding are the components to achieving great results.
This was all completed despite all the challenges of our Level 4 Lockdown.
Auction Services Manager